Relaxation of EU drivers’ hours regulations.
Temporary relaxation of EU drivers’ hours regulations for supermarket drivers.
- daily driving limit extended from 9 to 11h
- minimum daily rest reduced from 11 to 9 h
- weekly (56 hours) and fortnightly driving limits (90 hours) extended to 60 and 96 hours respectively
- “Postponement of the requirement to start a weekly rest period after six-24 hours periods, for after seven 24 hours period; although two regular weekly rest periods or a regular and a reduced weekly rest period will still be required within a fortnight”- this means 7 shifts in a row are possible.
- maximum 4.5 hours driving before 45 min break is due is replaced with 5.5 hours of driving.
If working extra shift (7th day -need to stick to 11 h daily rest)
Full document available here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/temporary-relaxation-of-the-enforcement-of-eu-drivers-hours-rules